Polish dating new york city
The area originally ended at the East River, to the east of where Avenue D was later located, until landfill – including World War II debris and rubble shipped from London – was used to extend the shoreline to provide foundation for the Franklin D. Until the mid-1960s, the area was simply the northern part of the Lower East Side, with a similar culture of immigrant, working class life.In the 1950s, the migration of Beatniks into the neighborhood later attracted hippies, musicians and artists well into the 1960s.The neighborhood became a center of the counterculture in New York, and is known as the birthplace and historical home of many artistic movements, including punk rock The area that is today known as the East Village was originally a farm owned by Dutch Governor-General Wouter van Twiller.Peter Stuyvesant received the deed to this farm in 1651, and his family held on to the land for over seven generations, until a descendant began selling off parcels of the property in the early 19th century.However, the vitality of the community was sapped by the General Slocum disaster on June 15, 1904, in which over a thousand German-Americans died.
The most numerous group are people from 31 to 40 years of age, that is those born in the period of opening global borders – 57,000 Facebook users.
It is possible that this group is the result of the first attempts of global life, global careers and trips for work of Polish people in 1980s and 1990s.
The smallest group, in turn, are people aged 41 to 51 with 40,000 people.
The area was dubbed the "East Village", to dissociate it from the image of slums evoked by the Lower East Side.
According to The New York Times, a 1964 guide called Earl Wilson's New York wrote that "artists, poets and promoters of coffeehouses from Greenwich Village are trying to remelt the neighborhood under the high-sounding name of 'East Village.'" In 1966, Andy Warhol promoted a series of multimedia shows, entitled "The Exploding Plastic Inevitable", and featuring the music of the Velvet Underground, in a Polish ballroom on St. On June 27, 1967, the Electric Circus opened in the same space with a benefit for the Children's Recreation Foundation whose chairman was Bobby Kennedy.